When I Die, By Alec Frazier and Autistic Reality

Na’vi Burial
My religious views are quite unconventional. In terms of organized religion, I belong to the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations, or UUA. In terms of actual beliefs, I believe in the dictates of reason, and then therefore a humanist. In addition, I have a live and let live philosophy, and I am a right reverend minister in the Church of the Latter-Day Dude, a genuine, federally recognized faith based on the live and let live philosophy of the Jeff Bridges’s character The Dude from the Coen Brothers Comedy, “The Big Lebowski”. Furthermore, I believe that if there is any divine presence, then it is the wherewithal of everything in this universe together. The best interpretation of this presence is the goddess Eywa from James Cameron’s Avatar. She is a very humanist goddess. What follows is my wishes for my funeral in celebration of life.
Overlooking the Elco Cemetery in Bondad, CO
When I die, I wish to be buried in the Frazier burial plot outside of Elco Cemetery in Bondad, Colorado. I would prefer to be buried in earth, without a casket. If law requires a casket, a simple wooden one will suffice. I wish to be naked. I wish for a simple marker, to say:

Alexander Fuld Frazier

June 22, 1986 - [Date of Death]

With my body should be my Fraser of Lovat Coat of Arms, images of my family including my mother, father, brother and any significant others and children, the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights, and icons of the Unitarian Universalist Chalice, the Humanist Happy Human, a copy of The Big Lebowski, and a copy of James Cameron’s Avatar. Any other keepsakes my friends and family wish to place with me are acceptable.

Before the burial, the assembled should recite the Tree Song (Funeral Song) in Na’vi, the lyrics of which are thus:

[Utralä (a)Nawm

ayrina’l(u) ayoeng,

A peyä tìtxur mì hinam awngeyä

N(a) aysangek afkeu,

Mì pun

N(a) ayvul ahusawnu,

M(ì) aynar

Na seze

A ‘ong ne tsawke.

Utralä (a)Nawm

ayrina’ l(u) ayoeng,

A peyä tìrol m(ì) awnga.]

The translation follows:

[We are all seeds

Of the Great Tree,

Whose strength is in our legs

Like the mighty trunks,

In our arms

As sheltering branches,

In our eyes

The blue-flower

Which unfolds to the sun.

We are all seeds

Of the Great Tree

Whose song is within us.]

Anyone present should feel free to say what they wish.

After my body is committed, the assembled should recite, in Na’vi:

[Oel ngati kameie, ma tsmukan, ulte ngaru seiyi irayo. Ngari hu Eywa salew tirea, tokx ‘ì’awn slu Na’viyä hapxì.]

The translation follows:

[I see you, brother, and I thank you. Your spirit will run with Eywa, while your body will remain and become part of the People.]

My 33rd Birthday Party
My friends and family should, at some point, have the mother of all parties to honor my life.

Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Letter from Alec Frazier 2020, By Alec Frazier and Autistic Reality

My Coming Out Story, By Alec Frazier and Autistic Reality

My Compiled AAPD Intern Blog, by Alec Frazier and Autistic Reality